From Outside Online magazine: How do you identify and treat hypothermia?
* You are viewing the archive for January, 2010
We have received the schedule of classes for this year’s Merit Badge University. We’ll also have copies at the troop meeting. Look over the schedule and select a class for morning and afternoon (some classes run all day). Select two alternates for each time slot in case your first or second choices are full.
Merit Badge University will be held at ETSU on Saturday, February 20. We’ll leave Asbury UMC at 7:30am and return approximately 8:00pm. Registration will be $19 for the program, which includes lunch. Bring $7-10 for supper on the way home.
Adults, if …
Guys, our first troop meeting of the year will be Monday, Jan. 11. Patrol Leaders Council meets at 6:30pm and troop meeting starts at 7:00pm.
We’ll be working on preparing for our winter backpacking trip on 1/30-31 and signing up for Merit Badge University.
If you use Facebook, you can now follow Troop 94 on our fan page.
The Patrol Leaders Council met last September to plan the Troop monthly activity plan for 2010. Here are the planned activities by month. Specific dates and details will be determined by the PLC throughout the year:
- January: Backpacking Trip
- February: Ski Trip
- March: Backpacking Trip
- April: District Spring Camporee
- May: Bike Trip
- June: Natural Tunnel SP, Virginia (camping, caving, canoeing, etc.)
- July: Summer Camp (Camp Boddie, NC)
- August: Whitewater Rafting Trip
- September: Smokies Campout plus NASCAR Speed Park
- October: District Fall Camporee
- November: Backpacking Trip
(No troop meetings or activites during December)